First, a little about YOU:
- You’re into making stuff, reading stuff, watching stuff, and figuring out what’s coming next.
- You use tools, read blogs, and make things that you can’t even imagine a Bank would ever know about, let alone care about (which is why you’re intrigued by this job description in the first place)
- Even after taking off your Vive goggles, you wonder – am I still in the Matrix? Read on Neo…
Now, a little about US:
- We’re a small team of creative technologists with different skill sets and perspectives.
- We don’t work on long project timelines, but we are crafting and building a wide array of experiments, prototypes, and products in our studio.
- We do work on technically complex ideas with high polish, but we don’t have a burn-out culture. There are no 14 hour days here – we believe in a stable work environment, finding balance to keep our team happy and creative.
And now, a LOT about this position:
Our 3D Designer will be all about doing meaningful work that could make a real, and positive impact in people’s lives. It will require you to push yourself to learn new techniques while staying nimble, and keeping things fresh for the team (including you) to feel inspired and progressive in what we explore.
We have a passion for AR/VR and love finding new innovative purposes for game engines in product development. So you will need to have a similar passion for AR/VR and game engines.
You’ll also interact with line of business teams who want to know, “How can we blow our customers’ minds with new ways of interacting with them?” So you should be willing to take on exploratory challenges like that, but in a humble and collaborative way.
So your days will tactically look a lot like this:
- Building applications that are very diverse from representational interfaces, character work, physical interfaces, VR/AR, chat interfaces and others we haven’t dreamt of yet
- Developing concepts with other designers, developers, line of business subject matter experts, and other domain product managers.
- From these concepts, working with the other members of our creative technology team to develop prototypes, then testing these prototypes and other experiments with users.
- Learning—both qualitatively and quantitatively—from every new prototype you make.
What we believe
We believe in the future of virtual and augmented reality as a game-changing technology. This world has the capability to enhance our ability to convey complex information and tell stories. But more than that, it has the ability to fundamentally change how people interact with money—and live their lives in ways we can’t possibly imagine.
If you believe that, too, come talk to us. We’ll want to know about your:
- Enthusiasm and passion for creating immersive experiences.
- Thirst for learning how people work with the cutting edge experiences we craft.
- Openness to be wrong and willingness to iterate and find answers to hard problems through prototyping.
- Maker-mindset and ability to work in a hands-on fashion.
- Deep knowledge in how to bring ideas from rough sketch to prototype in a nimble way.
- Ability to stay detached from your code or artwork, knowing it’s likely to be scrapped as we learn more but in the meantime will serve its purpose gallantly.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with 3D animation tools such as Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, Substance Painter and ZBrush
- At least 2 years of experience with both 3D and 2D graphics in Unity
- At least 3 years of experience with 3D modeling, texturing and shading skills
- At least 1 year of experience of scene assembly, set dressing, layout and lighting
- At least 1 year of experience of basic animation skills
- At least 3 years of experience in 3D visual design
- 3 years of storyboard, illustration and painting experience.
- 1 year of experience in interaction design, user-centered design methodologies and usability.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.