At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Business Analyst II for the Health Information Systems Division located in Albany, NY. Job Summary/Visionary statement
The individual chosen to fill the Business Analyst position will work with multiple SCRUM based development teams. The Business Analyst will collaborate with representatives across the organization to define standard processes within our data warehousing environment. Our teams develop solutions that help government agencies, insurance companies, health care systems, health care providers, and internal groups meet their data and analytical needs so they can deliver solutions and services that directly impact the future of health spending and patient care.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with representatives across the organization to define standard processes within our data warehousing environment.
- Work with subject matter experts, define business requirements, business rules, and produce documentation that is client facing as well as technical documentation used by developers.
- Translate the business requirements and documenting business rules into source to target data mappings.
- Create and maintain data mapping documents including data lineage
- Maintain data dictionary
- Lead preparation of data warehouse requirements document for development.
- Work hand in hand with Data Modelers, Data Developers, and Business SMEs to ensure the data needs and business rules are accurately captured, understood and delivered.
- Perform data analysis and review business rules with the business stakeholders to refine requirements that will be mapped for ETL developers.
- Validate results from development and work with Data QA on repeatable data validation scripts.
- Respond to questions pertaining to data access and business logic
- Produce any required documentation output
- Oversee data acquisition processes and their implementation to ascertain compliance to requirements and business rules.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five ( 5 ) years of experience performing requirements gathering and analysis data
- Minimum of three ( 3 ) years in an analyst role documenting business rules and source to target mapping
- Minimum of five ( 5 ) years of experience in writing SQL queries for large data warehouses
- Minimum of two ( 2 ) combined years of experience with the following tools; Microsoft Excel and/or Word and/or PowerPoint and/or Visio and/or SQL Server Management Studio
- Preferred five (5) years of experience working in the Healthcare industry
- Experience working with Star Schema/Dimensional data models
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of medical claims data including claim, member, provider, clinical, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills to breakdown complex problems.
- Work as a member of an agile development organization.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Small project management and project status reporting experience
- Experience working with both ETL, BI architects, and report developers to communicate data mappings
- Experience working with SQL Developers as well as ETL Developers that use technology such as Informatica.
- Experience consolidating data from disparate systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence terminology.
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.