At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Business Operations Intern for the Health Information Systems Division Summer of 2018 located in Atlanta, GA.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges, while preparing for tomorrow's. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-14 week assignment starting in May of 2018. The summer internship programNote: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate's best interest to apply early. Most hiring decisions will be made by January 2018.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Assist in the creation of operations plans and materials
- Review of operational processes
- Perform analysis of financial and sales data
- Identify operational improvement opportunities by analyzing work flow and available resources
- Prepare presentations
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited University
- Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking initiative on specific projects
- Excellent research skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized, excellent problem solving and analytic skills
- Coursework reflecting interest in and knowledge of healthcare and healthcare data
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Extensive knowledge of Web and social media.
- Proficient in use and automation of MS/Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Sharepoint
- Demonstrate ability to research relevant topics and develop work plans
- Continues to develop interpersonal and team skills necessary to perform effectively in a variety of cross-functional team situations.
- Effectively utilizes available information resources, systems, and software tools.
- Aware of current technologies and on-line resources in areas of responsibility.
- Possesses a knowledge and understanding of the organization's products, customers/clients, and customer/client needs.
- Collaborates with colleagues to innovate, influence, and/or negotiate when required.
- Local language and working knowledge of English is generally required.
Atlanta, GA Relocation: I
s not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status) About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers .Work with the Best and the Brightest, our culture.
3M is a giant melting pot of smart, motivated people. Here, you will discover an inclusive culture and will collaborate with other curious, creative minds. Our huge array of global locations, technologies and products provides many pathways to a rewarding career. We give you the flexibility to help balance your work life with your personal life.3M Ethic's
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.