At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Clinical Content Methodology Specialist
for the Health Information Systems Division located in Wallingford, CT or Silver Spring, MD office.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.Most Recent great-news / Awards:
3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://worldsmostethicalcompanies.ethisphere.com/honorees/ Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Senior clinical content methodology specialist are needed to translate CER classification systems research into clinical education content, training programs, sales outreach, and product insights to support HIS product development, sales, and marketing to government, payer, and provider markets.
- Determine high potential opportunities with state governments and target specific products in 2016, in coordination with State Initiatives team
- Determine high potential federal government opportunities and target specific products in 2016 (CMS/HHS and Congress), including active pursuit of groups with which HIS has historically not engaged, such as the CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI)
- Act as a high-level subject matter expert to HIS business unit management (Revenue Cycle, PPS, and IPS), providing content, research insights, and ongoing expertise to help drive product development and business growth
- Supports the coordination with methodology development teams, business/product owners, and marketing to move concepts forward
- Create content and develop training programs to support State Initiatives, Business Partners, Sales, and Marketing. Training would focus on the use of HIS classification systems to improve financial and clinical outcomes across all markets - state policy decision makers and provider and payer leaders at the healthcare delivery level
- Serve as a subject matter expert to marketing and communications teams providing customer insight and use cases for assigned methodologies including customers' goals, processes, and needs
- Leverage market research to develop business insights
- Develop educational and promotional campaigns that translate CER research into content that can be used by various HIS teams and communicated over a variety of channels to key audiences
- Maintain client enhancement requests and other voice of customer (VOC) feedback for assigned methodologies
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Serve as high-level consultant/subject matter expert available to State Initiatives and Sales teams for consultation with state government decision makers, business partner management, and provider and payer organization executive leadership
- Drive executive level outreach on PFEs at the state and federal level to take advantage of current national and state initiatives to pursue efforts at bundling
- Active engagement as a HIS thought leader to translate CER research for a wide-range of audiences, including article development, conference speaking, blogging, and other influencer marketing programs including healthcare-related conferences and 3M user group conferences
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited University and/or Active RN License and/or RHIT and/or RHIA
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry working with patient classification solutions, quality outcome measures, and pay for outcome methodologies
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in related field, to coding, health information management
- Excellent knowledge of disease and procedure classification systems, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS and thorough understanding of official coding guidelines
- Strong background in Classification and code-based quality and payment methodologies (e.g. MS-DRGs, HACs, APR DRGs, VBP, CRGs)
- Experience with healthcare related data (claims and billing, healthcare informatics, inpatient and outpatient data) and HIPAA requirements
- Extensive experience at engaging high-level decision-makers within government and/or provider and payer organizations
- Skilled translator and communicator. Adept at translating complex information into simple and accessible concepts for a variety of audiences
- Strong sense of individual initiative, high integrity, and personal responsibility for quality output
- Experienced thought leader with a track record in the healthcare industry presenting and training on clinical concepts underlying design of patient classification, performance outcome measures and pay for outcome approaches in healthcare
- Significant knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Published in peer reviewed healthcare journals, blogs on quality outcome performance measures or pay for outcome approaches
- Strong analytical thinking, project planning, and pattern recognition skills
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative and responsibility for assignments
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines, and multiple patient classification projects;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to excel in a complex, cross-functional and dynamic work environment
- Strategic thinker, creative, analytical, methodical, clear writing and messaging ability, fast learner and strong business acumen
- Working style is able to prioritize, multi-task, focus on goals, takes accountability and manages time well
- Passionate, team player that energizes and leads others
: Wallingford, CT or Silver Spring, MDTravel:
May include up to 50% domestic
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.