At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Cloud Architect for the Health Information Systems (HIS) Division located in Silver Spring, MD, or Remote. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Most Recent great-news / Awards : 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAwardJob Summary/Visionary Statement:
3M HIS is currently seeking a software engineer to work on our Natural Language Processing (NLP) Computer Assisted Coding platform. You will play a key role in building core software that processes over 50 million medical records per month. As a cloud architect, you will be responsible for defining and executing our adoption of cloud technologies and working with a team of talented engineers, scrum masters, product owners, and security experts to ensure that functionality makes it to customers as quickly and safely as possible. You will be relentless about collecting and analyzing data about how are services are used and are performing to drive improvements back into the platform. You will constantly be learning about the evolving cloud landscape and make data-driven decision about how to responsibly evolve our technology portfolio. Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Design and implement solutions to maximize speed of application testing and delivery
- Plan and execute service migration to AWS
- Deliver solutions to Increase monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Reduce data center costs while increasing security posture and service availability
- Partner with operations, security, and business teams
- Be agile and innovative
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five or more (5+) years in a technical role for a software product company
- Minimum of five or more (5+) years of experience with at least one programming language
- Minimum of two or more (2+) years of experience with software testing methodologies
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- Two or more (2+) years architecting distributed, complex enterprise software solutions
- Two or more (2+) years of experience with NoSQL data stores
- Two or more (2+) years of experience with continuous delivery solutions (GoCD, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, AWS Code*)
- Two or more (2+) years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- AWS Solution Architect certification
Location: Silver Spring, MD or Remote
Travel: May include up to 10% Travel
Relocation: Is not authorizedBenefits Information:
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.