At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Data Analyst for the Health Information Systems Division located in Albany, NY; Overland Park, KS; Denver, CO; Atlanta, GA or Murray, UT.Job Summary:
The Data Analyst is a key team member of the 3M Population and Payment Solutions (PPS) Consulting and Analytics team. The person in this position is responsible for healthcare data management, reporting and analysis related to the delivery of 3M Heath Information Systems (HIS) products and services.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Model and analyze healthcare data, including inpatient, outpatient, professional, and pharmacy claims
- Work with internal client team to structure, analyze and interpret data requests
- Partner with research team to review analytic processes and implement into new and existing products
- Develop data visualizations using graphs, charts, and tables to communicate findings to a lay audience
- Write and execute SQL queries using joins, subqueries and indexing
- Provide analytic support for clients and attend on-site client meetings as necessary
- Conduct data quality assurance activities, including the identification and resolution of data errors
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in data analytics (course work and internship work included)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in writing and executing SQL queries
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in statistics, public health, computer science, math, business or related field
- R programming and/or other statistical software (SAS, SPSS, Stata) experience
- Micro Strategy report, document, and dashboard development experience
- Understanding of diagnosis and procedure codes and groupers
- Basic understanding of statistical concepts and experience with statistical software packages
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and formulas
- Experience with healthcare data reporting and analytics
Albany, NY; Kansas City, MO; Denver, CO; Atlanta, GA; Murray, UTTravel:
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.