At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Data Implementation/ETL Engineer for the Health Information Systems (HIS) Division located in Troy, NY.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAwardJob Summary/Visionary Statement
This position will be responsible for designing and maintaining the processes and structures used to transform large scale Healthcare data sets into a data warehouse and various data marts which will support a suite of production applications. The person hired for the position of ETL Engineer will:Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL-related activities
- Creates automated processes to validate and translate data into our in-house data warehouses.
- Review requirements and data models, and translate into ETL design processes that effectively populate data warehouse and data mart tables
- Participate in meetings with technical peers regarding the solution designs
- Need to communicate with the Business Analysts, Data Modelers and Solution Architects when it comes to converting the ETL design into specific development activities
- Understands and implements best practices, tuning and optimization
- Maintain existing ETL code
- Creates technical documentation
- Workers effectively with data consulting and client services to produce products for the client
- Develop new ETL code using data model and source to target mapping document. Review and interpret data models
- Participate in daily stand-ups and weekly status reporting
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience supporting large-scale RDBMS applications with ETL tools, complex SQL logic and query optimization
- Minimum of seven (7) years of working with one or more (1+) of the following ETL Tools: Informatica, SyncSort DMX, Data Stage, AB Initiio, or Talend
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with data warehousing methodologies including dimensional modeling
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Management or Computer Science or related field.
- Seven or more (7+) years of experience working in the design, production, and support of data warehouses.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2008 or later is preferred.
- Informatica ETL and Healthcare Data experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in analysis, data relationships, data aggregation and summarization with the ability to consolidate data from disparate systems is preferred.
- Experience with the Kimball methodology, slowly changing dimensions, and CDC (change data capture) strongly preferred.
Location: Troy, NY
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorizedDiverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Benefits Information:
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.