At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Data Quality Analyst for the Health Information Systems Division located in Troy, NY. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAwardJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Data Quality Analyst
will analyze data to identify trends, anomalies. Use and improve your database query skills to investigate data quality issues. Work with product development, consulting, and quality assurance teams to identify and author data validation tests. Be part of a fun, highly collaborative, energetic team of smart people who are helping transform the healthcare industry from volume to value based care at one of the world's best companies.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Work with development, quality assurance, and methodology teams to identify data quality issues
- Identify and build SQL-based validation tests to identify anomalies, errors, trends
- Review data quality tests, investigate and communicate results
- Help maintain and improve an extensive code-base of data validation tests
- Troubleshoot, debug, and remediate issues with automated tests
- Participate in data review meetings representing the quality assurance team
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university and/or minimum of three or more (3+) years of experience in lieu of the education requirement
- Minimum of two or more (2+) years of experience querying relational databases
- Experience with healthcare information given strong preference
- Experience with quality assurance fundamentals is given strong preference
- Experience with analytics, report writing, or business intelligence applications is preferred
- Working knowledge of stored procedures, views, and T-SQL is preferred
- Knowledge of data warehousing and ETL preferred
Location: Troy, NY
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.