At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Clinical Data Analyst for the Health Information Systems (HIS) Division located in Atlanta, GA, Silver Spring, MD OR Murray, UT. Ready to be part of what's next?
Most Recent great-news / Awards : 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAwardPrimary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
The person hired for the position of Junior Data Analyst will have Primary Responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Junior Data Analyst will work directly with the senior Data Analyst team as an assistant, to include Quality Assurance, Analyzing reports, and special projects to be assigned by Manager/Senior Analysts.
- Junior Data Analyst will work on 3M software systems loading data and then performing QA and analysis on the data to look for errors, and areas of opportunity for the client.
- Interaction with customers under the direction of senior team
- Opportunity to interact with and coach clients on data findings under supervision of senior team
- Opportunity to apply advanced knowledge of excel and power point
- Responsible for analysis of client documentation improvement processes and key performance indicators
- Developing customized recommendations for improving client documentation processes and results
- Expert skills in healthcare data analysis, report writing and verbal presentations
- Able to successfully interpret and apply Medicare and other payer
- Documentation and coding rules/regulations for DRG assignment
- This is an office based position
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time
- High School diploma or higher
- Currently hold a certification in RHIT and/or RHIA and/or Registered Nurse License
- Minimum of two or more (2+) years of experience in healthcare finance, clinical nursing and/or hospital coding
- Minimum of three or more (3+) combined years of experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint
- Minimum of three or more (3+) combined years analyzing and processing healthcare data, identifying anomalies, and/or recommending corrective courses of action
- To be located in Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor's Degree in a physical or biological science or a business or health information degree. Possess skills in data collection and analysis.
- Ability to identify data anomalies and suggest corrective courses of action
- Proficient in the application of computer skills (e.g., Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Demonstrate ability to improve on these skills through career development activities
- Four years of consulting experience or comparable experience that demonstrates expert skills in healthcare data analysis, report writing and verbal presentations
- Record of applying clinical principles to a range of areas Demonstrated ability to identify, access and utilize resources (e.g., government regulations, scientific literature, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in technically sound oral and written communications
- Demonstrated speaking and teaching both for large group settings and remotely
- Demonstrated medical terminology competence
May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorizedDiverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Benefits Information:
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.