At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Product Manager for the Health Information Systems Division located in Wallingford, CT.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Organize, facilitate development of and manage the software product roadmap
- Translate input from current and future users of the software into user defined requirements for enhancements
- Project management of all product integration/launches/changes throughout implementation
- Partner closely with user experience to design product concepts for future product development
- Serve as the product owner and liaison between the marketing and development organizations
- Specify product requirements for products by conducting research supported via visits to customers
- Articulate to team members and management the value of these new features and substantiate with research required to showcase overall value to the product suite
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Evangelize product suite to other internal and external teams
- Ability to travel 25%
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3)+ years product management experience
- Minimum of five (5)+ years healthcare industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Information Management, or Information Systems
- MBA or MPH preferred
- Broad knowledge of hospital, ambulatory, and healthcare commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid reimbursement
- Ideal candidates will have experience as a product manager, bringing products from initial inception to fully live
- Ability to excel in a complex, cross-functional and dynamic work environment
- Key characteristics include strategic thinker, creative, assertive, analytical, action-oriented, methodical, clear writing and messaging ability, fast learner, strong business acumen, excellent presentation skills
- Working style is able to prioritize, multi-task, focus on goals, takes accountability and manages time well
- Ability to prioritize feature functionality
- Passionate, team player that energizes and leads others
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Expertise in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- High integrity and work ethic are expected and highly valued
- Candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines, and multiple projects
May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized Benefits Information:
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status) Visit us at g o.3M.com/vdosoftware to see all open "Electronics and Software Jobs"
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.