At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an NLP Software Developer for the Health Information Systems (HIS) Division located in Silver Spring, MD.
Most Recent great-news / Awards : 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward Job Summary/Visionary Statement:
3M's Health Information System NLP Department needs software developers to join scrum teams that develop, support, and enhance our Natural Language Processing cloud services. This scrum team member will have the opportunity to help build and develop new technology and processing methods that contribute to our NLP abilities. Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
We are seeking skills and experience in the following areas:
- Responsible for participating in Test Driven Development.
- Software design, coding, debugging and integration with Natural Language Processing services.
- Apply Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts and principles in software design and development.
- Participate in design sessions to influence design based on architecture principles.
- Work with other software engineers, clinical analysts, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build required systems.
- Estimate planned work, identify dependencies, and participate in sprint planning and scrum ceremonies.
- Adhere to Department design and coding procedures and standards.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university OR minimum of three (3)+ year experience developing enterprise applications
- Minimum of two (2)+ years' computer programing experience (course work considered)
- Bachelor Degree in a computational / machine learning / informatics field
- Experience with Perl or Java, including Regular expressions (Regex)
- Experience with SQL/MySQL
- Experience with SVN (merge / resolve conflicts) or other version control
- Familiarity with manipulating XML
- Experience with test automation tools/languages (Maven, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated initiative to complete automation projects.
- Must be a team player and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Silver Spring, MDTravel:
May include up to 10% TravelRelocation:
Is not authorizedDiverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Benefits Information:
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.