At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a NLP Software Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Silver Spring, MD.Job Summary/Visionary statement
The person hired for the position of NLP Software Engineer
will join scrum teams that develop, support, and enhance our Natural Language Processing cloud services. This scrum team member will have the opportunity to help build and develop new technology and processing methods that contribute to our NLP abilities.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for participating in Test Driven Development
- Software design, coding, debugging and integration with Natural Language Processing services
- Apply Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts and principles in software design and development
- Participate in design sessions to influence design based on architecture principles
- Work with other software engineers, clinical analysts, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build required systems
- Estimate planned work, identify dependencies, and participate in sprint planning and scrum ceremonies
- Adhere to Department design and coding procedures and standards
- Other duties as assigned or needed
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of three (3) years of software engineering experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree education requirement
- Minimum of two (2) years of computer programming experience (course work considered)
- Bachelor Degree in a computational / machine learning / informatics field
- Experience with Perl or Java, including Regular expressions (Regex)
- Experience with SQL/MySQL
- Experience with SVN (merge / resolve conflicts) or other version control
- Familiarity with manipulating XML
- Experience with test automation tools/languages (Maven, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated initiative to complete automation projects.
- Must be a team player and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Silver Spring, MDTravel:
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Is not authorized About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers .
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.