At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Outpatient Clinical Analyst for the Health Information Systems Division located in Wallingford, CT. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAwardPrimary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Clinical content development, validation and application of software modules relating to quality outcome measures
- Aligns the discipline of outpatient services and its products
- Optimization, creation, design and validation of the clinical content is the primary responsibility of a 3M clinical analyst.
- Work directly and/or collaborate with the technical and clinical team members
- Integration of product concepts/inputs/outputs as well as solutions and services, will encompass a portion of the primary responsibility
- Assist in supporting the clinical research team, demonstrating as well as presenting the underlying clinical concepts to various state/ federal agencies, hospitals and/or organizations
- Responsible for publication of articles, counterchange of discussion with respect to quality outcome performance measure, of the respective products and topics
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in HIM, Nursing or other healthcare clinical background from an accredited university
- Certified training in CPT/HCPSC, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding skills
- Minimum of five or more (5+) combined years of experience in the healthcare industry working with quality outcome measures, clinical coding and/or pay for outcome methodologies
- Master's degree in HIM, Nursing or other healthcare clinical background from an accredited university
- In-depth knowledge of CPT, HCPCS Level II and ICD-9/ICD-10 diagnosis code systems and coding guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of EAPG and APC
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare claims: coding, billing, editing and payment, particularly for outpatient/ambulatory claims
- Experience with review and analysis of federal and state regulatory documentation related to healthcare claims processing
- MS Office Skills: particularly Excel and/or other tools for research/analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of software development process (requirements => design => development => quality analysis => product); developing clear requirements developing clear requirements
- Management of multiple deliverables with multiple targeted deadlines
- Customer support/Problem-solving/Troubleshooting skills
- Thorough understanding of healthcare delivery processes and best practices, Health Information Technology (HIT) application environment, and HIT configuration/build tools
Location: Wallingford, CT
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.