At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Product Owner for the Health Information Systems Division located in Silver Spring, MD or Austin, TX. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAwardJob Summary
The Natural Language Processing (NLP) team produces services and technology that is used by 3M HIS products in healthcare. As a Product Owner in this group you will follow Scrum principles to guide a team to success by interacting with your customers, defining user stories and success criteria, and prioritizing work for the team. Your team is producing technology that processes millions of medical documents every day for our customers.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Serve as the Product Owner for a set of NLP services and liaison between the other POs in NLP as well as the marketing and development organizations
- Manage the product backlog of enhancements for the NLP products assigned.
- Manage the entire software component life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specify component logic requirements by conducting research supported via visits to customers
- Translate input from current and future users of the methodologies into user defined requirements for enhancements
- Articulate to Scrum team members and other stake holders the value of these new features and substantiate with research required to showcase overall value to the component and customer
- Provide direction to Scrum team in the form of user stories for improving the content, logic and performance of the component.
- Work with Scrum team to identify process improvements
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university OR minimum of five (5) years of software product development experience in lieu of the education requirement
- Minimum of three or more (3+) years of Software product development experience
- Minimum of three or more (3+) years of experience working with Scrum Methodologies OR in an Agile Environment
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, healthcare technology, or similar degree or higher from an accredited university
- Training and certification as a Scrum Product Owner
- Product management of cloud based services
- Experience communicating with customers, and resolving conflicting priorities
- Development experience of healthcare information technology products
- Key characteristics include strategic thinker, creative, assertive, analytical, action-oriented, methodical, clear writing and messaging ability, fast learner, strong business acumen, excellent presentation skills
- Working style is comfortable in a complex, cross-functional and dynamic work environment, able to prioritize, multi-task, focus on goals, take accountability and manage time well
- Passionate, team player that energizes and leads others
- High integrity and work ethic are expected and highly valued
Location: Silver Spring, MD or Austin, TX
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorizedBenefits Information:
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.