At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Software Developer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Atlanta, GAJob Summary/Visionary statement
The person hired for the position of Software Developer
will include doing what it takes to deliver team commitments to our clients and may include (but not be limited to) the design, development, unit/integration/quality assurance and performance testing as well as the creation of customer documentation. Additionally, this position requires a constant focus on process improvement and the design and development of automation to assist with increasing the quality of deliverables and to speed the time to delivery.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining C# routines and developing UI design, SOAP and Restful services to load, access and extract data for health care Analytics applications in a MS SQL and MySQL environment
- Develop C#, .NET services and functions for high performance processing in a mixed transactional and batch environment
- Design and implement extraction and visualization strategies using C#, SOAP and RESTful services using a SQL, MySQL and NoSQL backend to create reports, alerts and dashboards
- Report creation and visualizations
- Develop and optimize queries, stored procedures, functions and views
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of three (3) years of Software experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree education requirement
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience using C# or .NET 4.0+
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in ASP.NET including MVC 4+ development
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience using SQL for data access
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Programming
- knowledge in full software development lifecycle
- object-oriented programming
- data modeling and database design
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with MVC 4+ development
- Understanding of "Big Data" analysis and processing
- Experience with MicroStrategies
- Experience with healthcare related data
- Team player yet able to function independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated medical terminology competence
- Demonstrate ability to research relevant topics and develop work plans to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (TFS Experience)
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.