At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Software Developer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Wallingford, CT. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAwardJob Summary
3M HIS Health Technology Department is seeking a Developer that is a highly motivated self-starter to join our 3M HIS team in Wallingford, CT. As a Developer on a Scrum Team, your primary responsibilities will include the design, development and certification of software changes for prioritized customer features. The right candidate will be willing to do "whatever it takes" to meet client commitments including design, development, unit/integration/quality assurance testing, performance testing and creating specification and customer documentation. Additionally, this position requires a constant focus on process improvement and the design and development of automation tools to assist with increasing the quality of deliverables and increase delivery efficiencies.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Lead in technical design sessions to formulate technical designs that minimize maintenance, maximize code reuse and minimize testing time while satisfying customer needs
- Develop code according to business and technical specifications, create test data, perform certification and collaborate with team members to ensure functionality meets client expectations
- Mentor/coach team members to develop talent in support of customer needs
- Performance and stress testing of assigned functionality to ensure client expectations are met for response times
- Lead discussions to identify process improvement ideas and implement to increase quality and team efficiencies
- Lead client product/feature demonstrations
- Identify risks, risk management in support of release goals and raise concerns to team, Product Owner and Scrum Master to ensure commitments to our customers can be met
- Address/resolve issues identified by client, ability to provide 24x7 system support
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university and/or minimum of five or more (5+) years of experience in lieu of the education requirement
- Minimum of three or more (3+) years of experience in Java development and tools
- Minimum of three or more (3+) years of experience in Microsoft operating systems, development environments and tools
- Experience in Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Proficient with MS-Office tools
- Familiar with SQL and relational database design
- Experience with one of more of the following operating systems: Linux, UNIX, AIX, Solaris
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to new requests and changing priorities
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and technology
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts and information on both user and technical level
- Healthcare experience supporting health care applications or claim processing software
- Understanding of medical grouping, editing and coding within the Healthcare industry
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to take individual initiative and responsibility for assignments
- Experience working with virtual teams
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
Location: Wallingford, CT
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)Benefits Information:
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.