At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Software Development Intern for the Health Information Systems Division Summer of 2018 located in Albany NY.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges, while preparing for tomorrow's. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-14 week assignment starting in May 2018. Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate's best interest to apply early. Most hiring decisions will be made by January 2018.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Model and analyze healthcare data, including inpatient, outpatient, professional, and pharmacy claims
- Work with internal client team to structure, analyze and interpret data requests
- Automate existing reports to increase efficiency
- Partner with research team to review analytic processes and implement into new and existing products
- Develop data visualizations using graphs, charts, and tables to communicate findings to a lay audience
- Write and execute SQL queries using joins, subqueries and indexing
- Provide analytic support for clients and attend on-site client meetings as necessary
- Conduct data quality assurance activities, including the identification and resolution of data errors
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited University
- Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Proficiency with SQL Server Management Studio
- Ability to automate SQL and Excel processes
- R programming and/or other statistical software (SAS, SPSS, Stata) experience
- MicroStrategy report, document, and dashboard development experience
- Understanding of diagnosis and procedure codes and groupers
- Basic understanding of statistical concepts and experience with statistical software packages
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and formulas
- Experience with healthcare data reporting and analytics
Albany, NY Relocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.