At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Software Development Intern for Consulting Services for the summer of 2018 for the Health Information Systems Division located in Atlanta, GA.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges, while preparing for tomorrow's. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-14 week assignment starting in May of 2018. Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate's best interest to apply early. Most hiring decisions will be made by January 2018.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Creates requirements for senior software developers and systems engineers
- Documents current data production processes and identify potential waste and solutions
- Supports process improvement projects to reduce / eliminate technical debt \"waste\"
- Creates self-service User Interface for running automated queries/scripts against Performance Data Monitoring production system
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited University
- Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Location: Atlanta, GA Relocation: Is not authorized
- Experience using SSRS, Active Reports, DevExpress or other SQL reporting tools
- Use of Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server within an Agile development environment.
- Experience with package scheduling, replication
- Experience with OLAP/business intelligence software such as Microsoft BI Suite, COGNOS, Business Objects, Qlikview or similar software
- Proficient in use and automation of MS/Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and SharePoint
- Expertise in Microsoft .NET, C# development with demonstrated proficiency in Windows forms, web forms, BI tools, Windows services and web services, or similar experience
- Ability to massage/manipulate client data for input into legacy systems.
- Team player yet able to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and able to create repeatable processes that are error-proof and fully documented.
- Excellent problem solving, data collection and analytic skills. Ability to identify data anomalies and suggest corrective courses of action.
- Knowledge of health care data including, ICD-9 and ICD-10, MS-DRGs, APR, APCs, EAPGs and Hospital Revenue Cycle
- Demonstrated technical skills with sound oral and written technical communications
- Able to communicate effectively to non-technical audience both verbally and written and able to develop clear written specifications from a variety of sources, including verbal discussions, legacy code, i/o samples, and interviewing of non-technical personnel
- Demonstrate ability to research relevant topics and develop work plans
- Continues to develop interpersonal and team skills necessary to perform effectively in a variety of cross-functional team situations.
- Effectively utilizes available information resources, systems, and software tools.
- Aware of current technologies and on-line resources in areas of responsibility.
- Possesses a knowledge and understanding of the organization's products, customers/clients, and customer/client needs.
- Collaborates with colleagues to innovate, influence, and/or negotiate when required.
- Local language and working knowledge of English is generally required.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.