At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward Job Summary
Clinical and Economic Research (C&ER) is seeking a Software Engineer who is a highly motivated to help us pioneer the future of Health Care Information Technology. We work with government agencies, insurance companies, and internal groups to help craft software solutions that directly impact the future of health spending and patient care. We operate in an Agile Environment using the Scrum Framework. If you are a software developer that would like to be part of a fast-paced, forward-moving team that knows how to have fun while solving difficult problems that have a direct impact on the quality of health care globally, we want you.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- Understanding different technologies, research, and most importantly finding solutions to complex problems
- Primary Developer of the population health, longitudinally focused classification systems
- Contributor on development of next generation framework for C&ER component development using Java and advanced design patterns / OO techniques
- Develop WEB based content management infrastructure applications using various frameworks and database backend
- Implement and certify infrastructure WEB and backend tools to support release of software components and products
- Document technical components and modules for technical users and user documentation
- Act as a backup for other infrastructure and component programmers
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university and/or minimum of three or more (3+) years of Java development experience in lieu of the educational requirement
- Minimum of two or more (2+) years of Java development experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science from an accredited university
- Proficient in Java programming
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Proficient with software configuration management concepts (Source Control, Build Automation, Maven or Ant)
- Proficient with at least one IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans, InteliJ, Visual Studio) doing activities such as debugging, code completion, searching, etc.
- Required above average verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate on both user and developer level.
- Familiar with C or C# programming language a plus
- Familiar with Agile development environment
- Familiar with RESTful services
- Familiar with SQL and relational database design (Oracle, MySQL)
- Health Information Systems experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and technology (i.e. JSF, SpringBoot)
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, think critically, and make decisions
Location: Wallingford, CT
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorizedBenefits Information:
This position is under 3M Health Information Systems, Inc. 3M Health Information Systems, Inc. may offer a different benefits package than you are currently receiving. To understand how your benefits may change when transferring among 3M Company and 3M Subsidiaries, go to 3M Source, Life & Career, Finding a 3M Job, Transferring between 3M Company and 3M Subsidiaries.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.