At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.Job Summary:
An intern (typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Health Information Systems (HIS) Division Student Programs for our 2018 Summer Program. 3M HIS Student Program is designed to provide 3M HIS with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study. Typical assignments may include the following activities:
- Performing software development and testing
- Participate on engineering design teams
- Work across the entire product development life cycle
- Communicating results in both oral and written form
- Working in an Agile and Scrum environment
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Master's and Doctoral degree candidates are encouraged to apply
- Minimum of one (1) year of computer science/engineering coursework and/or hands-on computer programming experience
Health Information Systems Offices in Wallingford, CT for the Summer 2018 programTravel:
May include up to 5%Relocation
: is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.