At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Solutions Data Modeler for the Health Information Systems Division located in Troy, NY.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAwardJob Summary:
We are seeking a BI and Data Warehouse Data Modeler with proven experience with design, development, and deployment of large-scale Data Warehouses (multi-terabyte). The data warehouse includes operational data stores, reference hubs, and analytic warehouses in support of software as a service (SaaS) offerings. Some of the responsibilities include
- Design and support of data models using Embarcadero ER Studio.
- Conduct data profiling and data mapping.
- Maintain data warehouse architecture and metadata standards.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects (BI, Data, and Technical) on best practices, standards, and strategic planning.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to identify key business drivers for the data warehouse using a broad base of skills including facilitation of requirements gathering and mapping data to the logical and physical data models.
- Perform data analysis and review with the business stakeholders to refine requirements that will be mapped for ETL developers.
- Maintain an enterprise metadata repository (data dictionary, data mappings, data lineage).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1)+ years of experience in design, development, modification and testing of multi-terabyte databases designed to support Data Warehousing and BI analytics using dimensional/star-schema based data structures
- Minimum of three (3)+ years of experience in writing complex SQL queries for multi-terabyte data warehouses
- Minimum of two (2)+ years of experience performing requirements analysis including data flow diagrams, source to target data mappings, and definitions in a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse environment
- One (1)+ years of experience using database modeling tools (ER Studio, Erwin, Power Designer etc.)
- Two (2)+ years of experience working in the Healthcare industry
- Work as a member of an agile development organization.
- One (1)+ years of experience utilizing Data Vault 2.0 modeling.
- One (1)+ years of experience designing multi-terabyte data warehouse databases using RDBMS technologies, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2.
- One (1)+ years of experience modeling operational data stores (ODS)
- One (1)+ years modeling for OLAP technology
- One (1)+ years of experience with modeling for MicroStrategy or other business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects or Cognos
- Experience working in a SaaS BI and Data Warehousing environment
- Knowledge of medical claims data including claim, member, provider, clinical, etc.
- Experience modeling for unstructured data.
- Experience working with ETL developers, BI architects, and report developers to communicate database designs.
- Creating design documentation for relational and dimensional data structures.
- Experience consolidating data from disparate systems is preferred.
- BI data architecture knowledge in designing, developing, and implementing data warehouse and business intelligence solutions with Microsoft SQL Server and MicroStrategy .
- Strong problem solving skills to breakdown complex relationships.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Project Management skills
Troy, NY Travel:
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Is not authorizedDiverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.Benefits Information:
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.