The candidate for this position will be a member of the Enterprise or Commercial Lines Third Party Data (3PD) Team. The 3PD team oversees and governs data purchased from vendors as a means to control expenses and manage vendor relationships across the organization.
Third party data management is a visible top priority of the Senior Leaders and essential for business success. The Third Party Data Program ensures that The Hartford receives optimal pricing; data is purchased only once and data/knowledge is shared across businesses when possible.
This candidate will work to support the 3PD Leads as well to establish deep and credible relationships with various levels of associates across our various business lines and functions. The relationships will be leveraged to drive positive business collaboration between our business Segments, functions and external partners, as necessary. This centralized role is uniquely positioned to understand enterprise strategies, and uncover opportunities, needs and challenges not visible through a single Segment perspective. What are the responsibilities of the position?
Qualifications: WHAT QAULIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Support 3PD Lead(s) in development of Line of Business (LOB)/Segment roadmaps, contracting and prioritization
- Maintain a cross-line of business perspective and ensure alignment to enterprise strategic direction with a focus on data optimization including driving best practices and governance across the organization including creation of data quality metrics and development of standard
- Provide opportunities to our business to be innovative, reduce costs or improve ease of doing business by leveraging external data opportunities or partnerships
- Drive projects of varying complexity including obtaining business requirements/objectives and coordination of business stakeholders
- Vendor relationship management accountabilities as needed including monitoring of SLA's, budget/supplier invoice management, usage management, metric reporting, document creation, etc.
- Conduct vendor screenings/market scans of external data sources and providers
- Manage team SharePoint to include administration of access, implementing new features, governing inventory and working with the LOB data owners to ensure most up to date and accurate information is captured.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- A self-motivated professional with one to three years prior experience as a business consultant or the equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- SharePoint administration skills; proficient with MS Office Suite including Visio; willingness to learn new technologies/methodologies and apply them
- Ability to organize a team of multiple stakeholders, motivate them to a common goal and communicate effectively on an on-going basis
- Ability to experiment with new ways of doings things and deal effectively with unexpected change in a rapid paced environment
- Excellent oral & written communications skills, developing clear and persuasive analyses and presentations through emails, presentation decks and decision documents.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership/accountability, and results oriented with the ability to manage time and schedules effectively
- Ability and willingness to handle multiple concurrent projects & working in an ambiguous work environment
- Exceptional relationship skills; strong partnership and collaboration skills
- Understanding of the life-cycle of Property & Casualty insurance as relates to business partners, financials, policyholders, sales, distribution channels and claim preferred
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford's recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford . WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more. Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD