Eaton located in Kearney, NE has an opening for a Part-Time 3rd shift Machine Operator.
- Monitors bank of machines, checking and gauging parts to ensure machines are running to specifications
- Adjusts machines, tooling, and wheels to keep parts within allowable tolerances
- Assists in maintenance and changeover of machinery
- Keeps work area clean and free of hazards – maintains 5-S housekeeping standards
- Completes paperwork and checks gauges after changeovers to approve machines to run
- Completes Statistical Process Control charts as required
- Reads process sheets to determine proper dimensions and gauge to use
- Use precision gauging equipment including calipers, micrometers, dial indicators
- Follows safety policies and procedures in the performance of listed daily functions
- Ability to troubleshoot machine malfunctions
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area, 50 miles of Kearney NE will be considered
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Blueprint reading
- Ability to setup machinery
- Ability to read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts
- Entering data into computer
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.