Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts. This would include the rigging and installation of machinery.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring(3 phase & single phase), and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs programmable controls, and machine controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Read and interrupt Blue prints, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical schematics.
- Operate forklift, and other maintenance related equipment (examples include but not limited to man lift, golf cart, van, snow plow etc.)
- Repairs and maintains forklifts, and other related vehicles (examples include but not limited to man lift, golf cart, van, snow plow etc.)
- Repairs and maintains hand tools, impact guns, saws etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment and inspects cranes and hoist monthly.
- Responsible for reporting work related injuries and near misses to supervision.
- Responsible for wearing all required PPE and following applicable safety/environmental rules.
- Responsible for correcting or reporting unsafe conditions observed within the plant.
Five years of related experience in one or more of the following areas: electrical repairs including industrial equipment, controls, and facility; mechanical repairs; and/or welding. One or more of the five years must include overall general maintenance. Equivalent combination of education and experience in one or more of these areas will be considered.