Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing equipment start-up, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance on manufacturing process equipment as well as facility systems. Essential Functions/Responsibilities
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety and quality regulations, and maintain clean and orderly work areas and follow GMP's
- Read, review and apply prints, schematics and operating manuals to repair and maintain equipment
- Complete work orders and paperwork regarding daily maintenance and repair duties
- Perform general building maintenance
- Generate and complete work orders as assigned from our CMMS system
- Perform a variety of preventative maintenance on machine parts, pumps, motors, hydraulic systems, related plant and facility equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical systems 24 V DC to 480V AC
- Basic PLC skills
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Must pass a timed basic skills test .
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form at a high level.
- Mechanical ability.
- Ability to apply various principles and practices in a variety of skilled-trade areas (e.g., plumbing, plc., robotics, boilers, HVAC system, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, welding, etc.)
- Basic PC skills (MS Office)
- Able to operate fork lift, scissor lift and boom truck
- Work overtime and weekends when required
- Related work experience: 3-5 years of similar work as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in food manufacturing
- Able to climb ladders to silos or towers up to 50-60 ft. on a daily basis as required
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs. and work in a dusty / hot environment
- Able to stand or kneel for extended periods for repairs as required
A little about us:
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.