We currently are seeking an Assistant Operator to work in the mounting (litho labels) department. The Assistant Operator is responsible for supporting the set up and operation of litho label laminating equipment. The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supports the set up and operation of laminating equipment used to mount label stock to board, corrugate, or other substrates. Inspect sample mounts to determine conformity to specifications.
- Monitor each order throughout production run to ensure tolerances are being maintained and make equipment adjustments as necessary.
- Place finished work on designated pallets for next downstream process.
- Direct movement of work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and production adjustments on mounting equipment as needed.
- Perform daily clean up of glue applicator and roller assembly.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Report productivity achievements, waste/defects. Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements.
- Communicate effectively with operator, supervisor, finishing operators, material handlers and co-workers.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety & quality policies and procedures.
- Clean and maintain work area.
Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
Position available for Third Shift – 10:00 PM to 6:10 AM, with overtime as required, re., weekends, etc.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.