Assists the Hycorr Press Operator to set up and adjust machine and equipment for production runs. Interprets job orders for this equipment, plans necessary operations, and sets up and adjusts equipment. Monitor equipment during operations to ensure tolerances are being maintained. Make adjustments as necessary. Perform daily maintenance duties such as cleaning machinery to and perform other duties related to the position.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out-tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Pulls and inspects run samples and notifies Lead Operator and/or Management in the event quality standards are not being met.
- Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
- Maintains proper inventory of incoming/outgoing materials.
- Monitors the flow of materials throughout the run.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned Press Assistants in troubleshooting and making repairs to press.
- May assist with make-readies.