About the Opportunity
As a Quality Control Supervisor at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the companies productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Services team in Brown Deer, WI. You will be responsible for:
- Assures the accurate and timely processing of the mail run on the MLOC equipment and ensure MPTQM processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Responsible for overseeing the Quality workers on designated shifts. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining, and addressing complaints/solving problems.
- Manages quality function throughout the production area. Assures MPTQM (Mail Preparation Total Quality Management) processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Assigns workers to the appropriate equipment. Sets up windows on the various machines. Verifies quality of sorted mail using MPTQM procedures.
- Prepare reports which convert the Winsort and Msort programs to combine the information for accurate reporting.
- Offers suggestions regarding increasing efficiency of use of equipment, working conditions, motivation of employees.
- Reviews time clock hours of production workers to assure accuracy, Interprets Company polices, upholds safety regulations practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in the any one of the following areas where familiarity of USPS requirements and/or regulations are applie(presort, mailroom, associated industries).
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in a production or mailing industry environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and/or MS Access.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, internet and email.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodations.
- Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and/or different shifts as needed with minimal notice.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the united States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S> locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
A little about us:
Find your next great opportunity at Pitney Bowes.