The successful candidate will be joining an advanced wireless research team within the Wireless Communications Research organization in Intel Labs. The candidate is expected to conduct research on next generation wireless technologies (5G), which include massive MIMO, interference mitigation, mmWave access, advanced codes, and other leading edge topics. Research responsibilities will include theoretical analysis and algorithm development, channel modeling, simulation at link layer and/or system-level. The results will be used in protocol and architecture development and contribution to international standards (ex. 3GPP).
You will be an innovative thinker, well-versed in communication/information theory and signal processing, and fluent in writing simulations of advanced communications systems. You will be expected to publish research results, create intellectual property, and should have excellent communications skills. The candidate is also expected to interact with internal product groups to help align technical strategies with other companies and industry working groups.Qualifications:
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering with Communications and Signal Processing background with 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with link-level simulations in C/C and Matlab (1 years)
- Experience with wireless standards such as 3GPP and/or IEEE 802.11 for at least 1 years
- Past industry work experience in wireless physical layer design is preferred
- Prior experience with one or more advanced technology areas in 5G such as interference management, channel coding, receiver algorithms
- Knowledge of Detection and Estimation theory, Information theory, Signal processing
- RF understanding and signal processing algorithm design
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.