5G Wireless Systems Standardization Engineer
In this position, you will be working as part of the NGS team to architect, design and innovate towards next generation 5G Radio Access Network RAN technologies for LTE-Advanced and beyond standards.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design and develop advanced PHY and/or MAC algorithms
- Architect and design advanced wireless physical layer PHY air interface components for next generation LTE
- Advanced standards- Developing Link level and System level simulation tools
- Drive innovation and technical contributions to improve standards quality
- Develop and evaluate technical contributions in 3GPP LTE standards groups through theoretical analysis and simulation
- Responsible for external interface for Intel wireless standards and technology collaborations
Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or BS with 8 years of industry experience in the following minimum requirements:
- 5 years of Solid understanding of Digital Wireless Communication Systems
- 5 years of experience in Estimation Theory, Detection Theory, Coding Theory and Information Theory
- 5 years of experience in Programming in Matlab and/or C/C
- 5 years of experience with PHY and/or MAC Simulation using C, C , Matlab*, and other tools
- 3 years of experience with 4G Wireless Systems such as 3GPP LTE/LTE-Advanced
- Participation in Wireless Communication Standards Development organizations - such as 3GPP or IEEE Digital Signal Processing Communications Theory
- Excellent Analytical and Research Skills
- Self-Motivated, proactive and excellent team player
- Documentation and/or Writing Skills Creative Problem Solver
Inside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.