Brief Team Description
Responsible for driving Oracle's Cloud Computing business with commercial and public sector customers; help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Oracle's Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings such as Compute, Storage, Network, Identity, Orchestration tools etc. Engage with senior business/IT customer stakeholders, partners, and Oracle sales and consulting teams; developing a customer's Cloud Computing architecture vision, future state architectures, and implementable architecture roadmaps in the context of the public, private, and hybrid cloud computing solutions Oracle can offer; develop public/private cloud integration strategies; help to align a customer's business strategy and objectives with an enabling IaaS solution. Strategically leads, develops, and motivates a high performance team focused on cloud solutions, that effectively serves diverse customer groups and satisfies business objectives. Detailed Job Description-
Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- A highly motivated self-starter, versatile team player and a strong leader with an adaptable coaching management style, who can manage, lead and develop people, build and manage a strong team and talent pipeline in a culturally diverse environment.
- Facilitates collaborative cloud architecture development sessions with customer IT and/or LOB executives, architects, and developers.
- Participates in planning sessions with Oracle account team members.
- Analyzes and creates customer specific cloud architecture models based on a continuous feedback loop with key customer personnel.
- Guides both Oracle and customer architecture teams in using Oracle IaaS capabilities to solve customer business challenges.
- Recommends integration strategies with Oracle SaaS based deployments.
- Leverages existing industry and Oracle cloud computing reference architectures and utilizes specialty architecture and technology knowledge.
- Influences and recommends Oracle Cloud architecture solutions and roadmaps to customer IT and/or LOB executives.
- Understand IT challenges and current state, influence IT strategy, suggest suitable Oracle Cloud products and services, collaborate on architecture development and future state roadmaps, and collaborate with implementers on transition plans.
- Contribute to responses to RFP/RFI's.
- Influence customers towards a recommended business/IT architecture anchored by Oracle Cloud solutions, articulating its value to the customer.
- Work with our clients and assist in determining their cloud needs: Evaluate business and IT strategy, cloud computing benefits, and current state IT environments
- Architect solutions for deployment of Oracle's IaaS services, as well as integration with on-premise and/or PaaS/SaaS based services Client Presentations (White Board / PowerPoint)
- Work closely with developers and systems engineers to build resilient multi-region services that scale and perform well.
- You'll be responsible for infrastructures that can support everything from lab environments to production web sites, monolithic databases to small stateless front-end services, big data processing jobs to latency-critical middle tiers competently.
- Communication skills matter a great deal, and you'll have the freedom to manage your own schedule and projects and the power to influence big decisions.
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) in a public environment, including compute and storage services
- Platform as a service (PaaS) including Database and Java platform services
- Virtualization strategies and solution Data center strategy, infrastructure, and operations
- Strong speaking and presentation skills including white boarding, small and large group conversations, and formal presentations
- Strong exposure to data center, infrastructure, and IT operations topics such as server, storage, network, firewalls, load balancing, high availability and disaster recovery, and backup/recovery
- Experience and/or architecture knowledge of virtualization software including Oracle VM, VMware, KVM, and Hyper-V Exposure to OpenStack based solutions and architectures
- Exposure to third party cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure Knowledge of Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) for database and middleware platforms
- Prior experience with or exposure to: Cloud computing (IaaS and/or PaaS) Distributed computing Service Oriented Architecture Oracle Database WebLogic/Java Web site and Web services development/deployment experience
- Exposure to IT systems management Network engineering Software engineering Security and compliance experience.
- Experience or exposure to a variety of programming languages including Ruby, PhP, and Java
- Strong analytical, facilitation and communication skills (informal, formal, written, verbal and graphical)
- B.S. or B.A. college degree (or higher) preferred in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experienced Leader with a Team Player Attitude who can manage multiple, and diverse team
- Excellent interpersonal Skills, accompanied with Strong Communication, Presentation, and Speaking Skills
- Interact with all levels of management including the Executive offices
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Acknowledged expert/professional within company and/or industry nationally and internationally. Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Acts as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 12 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.