What you will do
SimplexGrinnell Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. How you will do it
Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment. Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer. Make minor repairs and programming changes with minimal supervision. Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees. Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:What we look for Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 mos. previous related experience in a technical field
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Valid driver's license required and must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to obtain and retain the states Security license, and Drug test and Security and Background check is required
- May be required to lift and/or carry equipment and tools, which may weigh over forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required.
- NICET certification desired, but not required.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou