Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
With general supervision, the Accounts Payable Support Specialist is responsible for overseeing the purchase order process from the order phase through the receiving phase, including exception handling when necessary. The Accounts Payable Support Specialist will be the primary liaison between field operations and centralized AP processing.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Knowledge of accounts payable and purchasing functions. • Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. • Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Experience with Ariba systems (or another electronic procure-to-pay system). • Associate’s degree or relevant coursework completed towards a higher level related degree. • Basic understanding of Sarbanes Oxley 404 guidelines.
• Coordinates and creates requisitions for orders for the assigned divisions.
• Understands basic accounting and ensures proper general ledger account coding for purchases.
• Coordinates with Environmental and/or Landfill Managers when creating requisitions for more complex post-collection orders. Procurement Support
• Negotiates payment terms and discounts with local vendors and proposes ideal options for payment method (check, ACH, PCard).
• Coordinates bidding and selection for local goods or services for which no preferred provider exists.
• Escalates purchasing consolidation opportunities to Procurement.
• Works with various field organization levels on their purchasing needs.
• Utilizes preferred vendors when fulfilling sourcing requests.
• Submits vendor add or change requests to Corporate and ensures all proper paperwork is attached, including certificate of insurance and W9 form. Receiving and Invoicing Exception Follow-Up
• Acts as the primary liaison between multiple divisions and centralized AP processor and follows-up on outstanding escalation items.
• Researches and resolves assigned exceptions identified during the invoice reconciliation process (IR); reconciles IRs accordingly.
• Monitors and facilitates the receiving of goods or services on a daily basis and follows-up with division personnel in a timely manner.
• Identifies error trends, researches root cause for errors and works with others in the business unit to implement preventative solutions. Accounting and Reporting Support
• Scans and sends locally received invoices to the centralized processor when necessary.
• Organizes and distributes checks that are mailed directly to the division.
• Helps monitor and manage ePro reporting.
• Assists controllers with month-end accrual and regularly reviews to clear issues and exceptions. General Management Support
• Takes responsibility to understand work assignments and takes initiative to consult management when task or assignment is unclear.
• Adheres to Company policies and procedures, including ensuring compliance with levels of authority policy.
• Serves as back up for fellow employees in the same role.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or GED. • Minimum of two years of related experience in an office environment that provided a general understanding of accounting and a thorough understanding of purchasing and accounts payable.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.