Asset Based Lending (ABL) Audit Assistant Manager - Assistant Vice President
The ABL Audit Assistant Manager is responsible for supervising a team of field examiners in identifying collateral risks and providing solutions.
Successful incumbents possess business acumen, demonstrate creativity and interpersonal savvy, make timely decisions, develop direct reports, have excellent presentation and planning skills, and display managerial courage.
* Supervise field examiner's performance of collateral exams ensuring productive performance, responsiveness to customer needs, and adherence to prescribed controls, policies, and procedures. Conduct audit report reviews.
* Manage workload, assignments and scope by understanding credits involved including pre-assignment meetings with lenders and credit as necessary.
* Monitor timely completion and distribution of exams.
Regularly visit and interact with field examiners working at borrower sites to understand and address current examiner concerns and borrower exceptions / issues.
* Provide training in the field and conduct additional training programs for examiners.
Perform and/or lead more complex borrower field exams (pre-loans, unique industries, high risk rating, etc.).
* Communicate and escalate significant exam findings, concerns, or suspicion of fraud between Collateral audit and the lending, credit, and fraud areas.
* Provide recommendations.
* Manage tracking mechanism for communication, escalation, aging, and resolution of field exam exceptions.
* Assist senior management in establishing, modifying, and monitoring audit programs and reporting policies/procedures to help ensure compliance with credit policy.
* Perform periodic examiner and departmental assessments including monthly quality/efficiency analyses, quarterly timeliness analyses and annual staff reviews.
20 - 30% travel is required of this position.
Relocation is not available for this position.
* Bachelor's degree in business with an emphasis in accounting or finance
* 7 years collateral audit experience in bank asset based lending or commercial finance environment or public accounting firm
* 4 years experience with MS Excel and MS Word
* 1 year of supervisory experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled