Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Program Overview:
We're looking for the new dreamers and doers to join our Accelerate to Leadership (A2L) Program! This early leader development program targets recent college graduates regardless of major and is designed to provide the tools & resources you'll need to successfully learn the business and set yourself on an accelerated path to a leadership role in the organization! For more information about our Early Talent Programs, click here .
The A2L Program offers six Career Tracks that provide key milestone experiences specific to each career track. These milestones are standardized nationally across all lines of business. The Career Tracks are as follows:
- Food Management - Positions Available Nationwide
- Facilities Management - Positions Available Nationwide
- Direct Service and Delivery - LIMITED Roles Available Nationwide
- Finance - Remaining Roles Located at Remote Leisure Accounts ONLY
- Human Resources - LIMITED Roles Available
- Information Technology & Bio-medical Engineering/Healthcare Technologies - NO Remaining IT Positions; LIMITED Bio-Med Roles Available Nationwide
For more information about each of these career tracks, please see the Responsibilities section below!
The A2L Program also provides a combination of trainings, structured account experiences, and on-the-job learning. You'll spend approximately 15% of your time committed to training and structured program activities, with the rest of your time focused on:
Responsibilities: Food Management Career Track:
- On the job training in a leadership or individual contributor position (dependent upon career track)
- Key milestone experiences specific to the career track that are standardized across all lines of business
- Structured career path towards a targeted leadership role post program
- Career readiness training & coaching
- Direct engagement with peers, mentors & managers
- Professional network & personal brand development
This career track is inclusive of management roles in Concessions, Catering, Retail, and Hospitality. An A2L participant in this career track will bring to life the customer's food experience with the ability to respond effectively to changing client demands. The A2L will be responsible for ensuring that requirements for appropriate sanitation, waste and food safety levels in respective areas are met. They will also coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor scheduling, staffing, employee training and ensuring exceptional customer experiences. The A2L will perform other functions as required, such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards. Facilities Management Career Track:
An A2L participant in Facilities Management Career track will be part of the management team responsible for the day to day Facilities/Custodial/Housekeeping Operations within a specific Aramark account. The Facilities positions will include organizing, directing, supervising and coordinating preventive maintenance and custodial/housekeeping activities for the assigned infrastructure, grounds, hospital, school or stadium in a safe and timely manner. This also includes the oversight of safety and sanitation, participation in custodial and housekeeping activities, assisting with recruitment of supervisors and associates, involvement in disciplinary/coaching conversations, and other functions as required. Candidate must manage priorities and preventive maintenance projects in accordance to national and local facility building codes. Direct Service and Delivery Career Track:
The positions within this career track mainly fall within the Refreshments & Uniform Services lines of business. An A2L in this track will be the communication liaison between Operations, Production, Service, and Sales to drive results and ensure proper policies and procedures are being followed to maintain compliance. Typical responsibilities include performing daily route check-ins, providing feedback to management team on overall performance, execution, and customer service skills of operations front line associates, periodically filling in on routes to cover for sick days, vacation, etc, and performing other duties as required or assigned by management. The A2L in this career track must also prioritize safety, cost control, and growth. A valid driver's license is required for these positions. Finance Career Track:
The A2L Finance Career Track will provide support of finance functions in a corporate position, Internal Audit role or Shared Services function. A2L responsibilities may include assisting with the overview and completion of month-end financial reports, bank statements, balance sheets, and post journal entries. The finance A2L should analyze trends, write accrual journal entries, reconcile accounts, and explain variances to forecast, prior year/periods in a timely manner. Special projects and other dues may be assigned or requested. Finance A2ls should have a passion for service with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including banks, vendors, and internal accountants. Human Resources Career Track:
The A2L Human Resources Career Track will provide support of HR functions in either a generalist position or in a specialized department, which could include Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Training & Development, etc. Responsibilities for this career track may include the following: assist with recruitment, new hire process, training, project management, labor/union management and employee relations. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism as you will have access to sensitive information and may interface with senior management and business clients. The A2L in a generalist role will serve as a partner with the operation team at the account to ensure HR practices are aligned with operational goals. In order to qualify for this track, you must have a degree in Human Resource Management or experience in an HR related internship/job. Information Technology & Bio-medical Engineering Track:
A manager in the IT/Healthcare Technology field will be responsible for assisting in the management of an assigned project or operation, working with existing technology to enhance and maintain the current hardware or software. Developing and maintaining relationships with key department heads that fosters business growth and establishing regular communications to help drive business outcomes. IT responsibilities may include, but not limited to, testing, coding, or implementation (depending if the team is Hardware or Software focused). Healthcare Technology is also project-based and responsibilities may include clinical equipment optimization, IT integration and security, and capital planning solutions. These positions may also include coordinating activities with other groups and ensuring that technology improvements are successfully implemented.
- Bachelor's Degree required. (Must graduate between May 2015 - July 2017 to be eligible for the FY17 A2L Program)
- There are two start dates for the 207 Program: February 20, 2017 and July 17, 2017. All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program (including any final internship requirements).
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / openness to relocation according to program / business need
- Valid driver's license preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.