Job Function and Description
- Coordinate A&P budget with Finance (phasing, monthly/quarterly close, ring-fences, vendor confirmations, credits, budget issues and analysis); clearly communicate performance and recommendations to leadership
- Coordinate development and definition of the Detailed Level Operating Plan including project plans, descriptions, priorities, timing, and budget phasing for team
- Develop monthly reports and conduct budget analysis as needed; weekly performance reporting is critical to continually evaluate and pivot
- Responsible for developing the pull through strategies and tactics for key channels (commercial insurance plans, PBMs, Medicaid, Medicare)
- Lead, design, develop, & ensure implementation of Access Value Proposition development. This includes customer insight generation that may lead to innovative customer channel solutions
- Work with senior leaders in the planning and development of annual Payer Strategic and Brand Plans
- Develop and execute Pharmacy strategy
- Identify, develop, and implement opportunities to improve the copay offer and processes in collaboration
- Identify process improvement and change initiatives specific to the copay card (i.e. field allocation, field communication, etc.)
- Set up and facilitate working group meetings, agency meetings, status calls and reviews
Education and Experience Requirements
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure achievement of assigned objectives and/or maximize the impact & effectiveness of programs and tactics to achieve those objectives.
- Lead interface with field reimbursement team providing an informed and unified perspective on reimbursement challenges and opportunities.
- Ensure understanding of and adherence to all relevant internal and external policies or guidelines related to the team's activities and deliverables
- College degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- At least 3 years of experience in managed markets within payer marketing, national account management, patient reimbursement services, or contract operations strongly preferred Commercial & Part D experience preferred
- Previous experience in designing pull-though strategy & resources for brands with Access utilization management criteria such as Prior Authorizations/Step Edits
- Strong understanding of payer market dynamics and how managed care organizations make decisions across private & public channels
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action without direct line management responsibility
- Field Sales and in-line brand management experience a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must have superior analytical ability to analyze current and future landscape and specific contracts to make recommendations that impact our brands.
- Ability to translate strategies into measurable tactical programs that have high ROI for our brands
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.