Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill Access Operations Associate - Patient Access to Healthcare positions in Newark, CA. This is a temporary to perm opportunity.
Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
Access Operations Associate - Patient Access to Healthcare
The client call center handles a high-volume of inbound calls, outbound calls, faxes and other communication with patients, providers, clinic staff, and others needing to access health care services at one or multiple departments/clinics. The staff is responsible for providing an excellent patient and customer experience by efficiently coordinating services and accurately answering or properly referring inquires.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission requirements including, but not limited to, sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients' rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Employees must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with corporate standards of the Hospital.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level or the area(s) to which assigned, but may include (and not be limited to) the following
• Respond to a high-volume of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and faxed referrals
• Assist patients in registering, scheduling, changing, and canceling appointments across multiple departments/specialties
• Deliver expert knowledge regarding clinic-specific processes
• Accurately document and route calls to the proper department
• Identify urgent customer needs or operational issues, and escalate appropriately
• Maintain respect and composure when speaking with customers
• Efficiently navigate medical records and ensure patient information is up-to-date and accurately entered in the correct location
• Meet all regulatory and compliance standards
• Deliver high-level of customer service
• Follow documented protocols and guidelines
• Meet and exceed departmental quality assurance standards
• Use reference documents and online knowledgebase tools to clearly articulate accurate information regarding client services
• Adhere to work schedules including breaks and lunches
• Use functionality of the telephone system as required
• Obtain insurance authorization as necessary and communicate status to patients
• Coordinate outpatient appointments and conjunctive services
• Assist community physicians requesting to consult with client physicians
• Provide care coordination when appropriate to ensure patient needs are met and to ensure clinic and medical protocols are followed
• Educate patients on providing medical records and other medical documentation needed for client appointments
• Communicate with patients and referring providers regarding insurance authorizations (including approvals and denials) and request required clinical documentation when necessary
• Other departmental duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Four (4) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience in a healthcare setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Type 40 words per minute
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology
• Demonstrated knowledge of proper English grammar in speaking and writing
• Effectively listen to resolve patient's/customers inquiries
• Maintain respect and composure in stressful situations
• Navigate complex software tools and accurately input data
• Effectively document caller notes into the medical record
• Ability to adjust communication to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver
• Ability to apply business logic to resolve patient/customer issues while managing multiple priorities
This position pays $11-$28 per hour. Payday is every Friday!
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this position, or you can visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.