In this role, you will:
• Actively participate on select key and target customer account teams.
• Sell, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners at the D-level while reaching optimal profit levels.
• Manage multiple, ongoing, opportunities, working to sell, renew and expand renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing customers.
• Build partnering relationships owners and/or owner representatives responsible for the decision-making process.
• Seek out, target and initiate contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with JCI strategy; develop and maintain a network of industry contacts.
• Share technical knowledge and business expertise with customer to optimize the solution to customer's operational needs; assess customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements.
• Create competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis; effectively write, and present proposals; negotiate value, address resistance, and close the sale.
• Utilizes applicable sales tools to effectively to plan and document progress, as well as increase business opportunity in accounts.
• Act as customer's advocate in interactions with JCI, ensuring customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controls offerings; set appropriate customer expectations with regard to JCI offerings.
• Participate in final project inspection; ensure customer is trained and oriented to system operation and the value of services delivered.
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6 years minimum experience.
• Bachelor's in business, engineering, or related discipline; MBA preferred.
• 5 years progressively-responsible field sales experience; 3 years selling HVAC or building automation systems.
• Demonstrated commitment to integrity and quality in business.
• Strong interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.