Account Executive Energy Solutions
What you will do
You will work as part of a team, developing long-term customer relationships with assigned accounts such as contractors, consulting engineers or owners, serving the full spectrum of needs through JCI HVAC Systems offerings. You will partner with other sales representatives and/or agents to maximize profit generation from accounts through influence on specifications (owners, consulting engineers) and market pricing (contractors).
How you will do it
In this role, you will:
• Actively participate on select key and target customer account teams; obtain and close sales on a monthly basis; achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
• Build partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of JCI HVAC and Systems offerings.
• Address customer concerns and performance lapses; foster credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
• With assigned contractors, consistently perform take-offs and bid on projects encompassing the full spectrum JCI offerings.
• Develop relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
• Keep management informed of progress and account status; leverage management with accounts, as appropriate.
• Manage receivables balances in line with Johnson Controls objectives and policies.
• Lead the sales team by building and fostering team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction; solicit support from and communicate effectively with JCI staff.
• Own and facilitate the customer relationship; develop relationships with internal JCI organizations (ie: Solutions, Service, etc) to ensure customer expectations are met/exceeded.
• Assist in developing team and Branch sales and marketing plans and strategies; aid in implementing these strategies and action plans.
• Utilize applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase penetration of accounts; target new customers based sound on account management and market strategies. Desired competencies/behaviors. You take pride in your ability to maintain high levels of quality, service and productivity. You have a knack for solving complex problems in a manner that is imaginative, thorough and practical. Customer service is your priority.
What we look for
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6 years minimum experience.
• Bachelor's in business, engineering, or related discipline; MBA preferred.
• 5 years related, progressively-responsible field sales experience; 3 years selling HVAC or building automation systems.
• Demonstrated commitment to integrity and quality in business.
• Strong interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
• Willingness to travel 50%.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.