Microsoft is seeking an experienced enterprise level sales professional in the Phoenix area to manage Healthcare & Life Sciences customer relationships involving complex sales motions, cloud consumption strategies and broad enterprise wide communications.
You will be responsible for providing strategic business leadership for a large team of Microsoft resources calling on this specific named account and driving support of not only current cloud and on-premises solutions but also the adoption of new solutions. In this role, you will enable Microsoft’s worldwide field sales and services organization to achieve its goal of winning value-producing deployments, driving global customer satisfaction and growing revenue year over year at this account. Your success will, in part, be measured by the level of the customer as a Microsoft IT “Showcase,” the degree to which Microsoft is considered a strategic partner and your success in achieving budget targets. You will build and manage key CXO level relationships, develop strategic alignment with account Business Decision Makers, monitor deployment projects and the consumption of cloud assets while engaging internal and partner resources as the leader of a diverse and talented virtual team.
You will be responsible for teaming with the customer’s IT Organization to build strategic relationships within the account, articulating a clear vision for our solutions, generate enthusiasm and impact multiple business and IT groups within the account. Account Executives (AE) in the US Health & Life Sciences Group (HLS) are responsible for selling at the most strategic levels within our named accounts and implementing a broad product and services strategy. Account Managers mobilize all appropriate Microsoft resources (Sales, Technical Specialists, Consulting, Premier Support, Product Groups, Customer Success Team and Executives) in support of customer interests while keeping Microsoft’s long-term interests in focus. You will be paired with a seasoned Account Technology Strategist (ATS) who develops an overall account technology strategy and deployment plan with internal and external stakeholders. AE’s have dotted line responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources across their team and act as the Quarter Back for all resources engaging with their named accounts.
AE roles hold responsibility for 15% - 20% revenue growth YOY and are expected to increase customer satisfaction (CPE) across their accounts. In addition, this position is expected to drive deployment of Microsoft’s solutions across all areas within the account and drive line of business application development on Microsoft’s platform wherever possible. Ownership and development of use cases, collateral, formal case studies and press releases highlighting Microsoft-based solution success at each account are a goal for this role.
• 10 years of sales experience at the enterprise level and an undergraduate degree; required.
• Extensive experience engaging with senior executives (CIO/CMO/CISO/CTO/CFO/CPO/CEO/COO) within large enterprise customers is required.
• The candidate must have experience with large, complex accounts and an excellent understanding of the competitive technology landscape.
• Experience with the healthcare industry is highly desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are a base line requirement.
• Candidate must possess keen decision-making skills, problem solving acumen, negotiation skills, agility with group dynamics, ability to create clarity in ambiguous situations and above all else, leadership.
• Candidate must have a passion for collaborative teaming environments and interpersonal skills to successfully work across boundaries between distinct P&L groups like services and support.
• Candidate should have experiential illustrations of executing at a high level of competence and effectiveness in very large revenue accounts.
• Candidate must be a strategic thinker, excel at communications and possess proven excellence in Strategic planning and delivery.
• Initiative is critical to success at Microsoft and the ability to constructively, proactively and skillfully leverage Microsoft’s enormous resources to drive our technology agenda with customers is a baseline requirement to be successful as an AE.
Microsoft Functional/Technical Competency requirements include:
• Account Planning and Management
• Business Acumen
• Coaching the Sale
• Influencing Executives
• Business Decision Makers
• IT Pros and Developers and Microsoft Products
Other important Microsoft Competencies include:
• Action Oriented
• Communication Skills
• Conviction and Courage
• Customer Focus
• Cross-Group Collaboration and Negotiation
• Conflict Management
• Challenger Attitude and Grit.
Position will be based in Microsoft’s Phoenix Office. There is no relocation package available for this opportunity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.