The Joint Territory Services Executive is responsible for managing services sales and business development, account development, customer satisfaction, client relationships, and overall account strategies for the Department of Defense’s Joint and Unified Combatant Command organizations. The goal of the Territory Services Executive is to help drive the overall services relationship forward and drive product penetration and consulting services revenue in customer engagements. Managing executive relationships and negotiating high payoff situations will be an everyday task in this position. The Joint Territory Services Executive customer base includes the Combatant and Unified Commands along with Military Services’ Component Commands (PACOM, USF-K, USF-J, USARPAC, PACAF, etc.)
As a Territory Services Executive, you will propose, manage and execute on customer contracts in order to achieve your revenue and business goals. To achieve these goals successfully, you will make decisions regarding the development and maintenance of client and partner relationships, work closely with the sales account teams in order to create and deliver a successful services sales strategy and leverage service offerings to address customer business needs. In order to understand the client business objectives and deliver services engagements, you will interface intimately with the client at all levels of the organization. In addition, you will actively participate in and lead account strategy and planning sessions with local and virtual Microsoft teams, which will include individuals from legal, sales, product development, product support and our partners. You will deliver regular sales forecasts and customer feedback on trends, opportunities and challenges in order to benchmark and forecast your business.
Qualifications and Job Criteria:
A Territory Services Executive must have superior business development and business management skills. The Territory Services Executive should demonstrate an expert level of proficiency in conflict and negotiation management. Depth of experience in a variety of applicable technologies is essential and strong services business knowledge is required. This individual must be able to understand and articulate Microsoft strategy and vision to a variety of audiences. Knowledge of Enterprise Services Frameworks is preferred.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, computer science or engineering and at least 10 years relevant working experience with demonstrated expertise in professional services and/or consulting sales management.
• Possess strong business development and software, solutions and / or services sales skills.
• Extremely strong written, verbal and communication skills (including proposal writing and presentation building)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to team with sales, technical, and operations resources
• Strong understanding and experience with incorporating third-party participants into a single customer proposal
• Strong understanding and experience in working with the US Department of Defense
• A solid understanding of Microsoft’s business value proposition and products, including how solutions are built, and what is involved in implementing solutions with customers
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do quality work under tight deadlines
• Solid project management skills including risk assessment and management experience
• Able to manage a frequent travel schedule
BS Degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
10+ years experience in professional services and/or consulting sales management.
This position requires up to 75% travel.
Candidate must be US Citizen with Active Secret US Government Clearance or must be able to hold a security clearance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.