Microsoft Federal is seeking a world class sales professional in the Washington DC area to manage a select group of Federal Civilian Government customers within Microsoft’s US Public Sector business. The Account Executive (AE) position is part of the Civilian Government team that is focused on developing customer relationships and delivering high quality sales results, solutions and support to multiple Civilian agencies.
The position is based out of Washington DC metro area with approximately 10% - 20% travel. Responsibilities The Account Executive will be responsible for providing strategic business leadership and day-to-day rhythm of the business for the civilian accounts that include some combination of the US Postal Service, Department of Interior, USDA and the Small Business Administration. In this role, you will build and manage key relationships, engage resources and lead a diverse and talented virtual team. You will enable Microsoft’s field sales and services organization to achieve its goal of winning value-producing deployments, driving customer satisfaction and growing revenue. You will engage with Microsoft’s senior leadership team for executive sponsorship and engage Microsoft Services/Partners/Specialists to drive solutions.
Responsibilities include teaming with the customer’s IT, business and program units to build strategic relationships within the account, articulating a clear vision, overall multi-year strategy to include understanding the organization, mission goals, competition and mission systems/programs. The Account Executive is responsible for selling at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad solutions and services strategy. The AE will mobilize all appropriate Microsoft resources (Sales, Technical Specialists, Solution Specialists, Consulting, Support, Product Groups, Marketing and Executives) to support customer interests that the AE advocates on the customer’s behalf, keeping Microsoft’s long term interests in focus.
The Account Executive is responsible and accountable for also driving line of business applications toward our Microsoft platform. Development of formal case studies and press releases highlighting Microsoft-based solution delivery is expected wherever feasible.
• 5+ Sales experience with software solutions
• 5+ Technology experience
• 5+ Government selling experience
• Federal Sector experience engaging with senior executives within enterprise customers and in Microsoft technology is required.
• The candidate must have an excellent understanding of the competitive landscape within the customer’s industry.
• Industry background and experience interfacing with the key lines of business to match solutions with business needs is desired.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
• Candidate must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
• Candidate must have a passion for managing and developing people on the team and for working across boundaries between groups (services, specialists, partners, etc).
• Candidate should have excellent organization and collaboration skills and a passion for developing world class best practices within the virtual team.
• Candidate must be a strategic thinker and have proven excellence in Strategic Account planning and delivery.
Microsoft Functional/Technical Competency requirements include:
Account Planning and Management, Business Acumen, Coaching the Sale, Competition, Influencing Executives, Business Decision Makers, IT Pros and Developers and Microsoft Products.
Other important Microsoft Competencies requiring Level 4 capabilities include:
Action Oriented, Communication Skills, Conviction and Courage, Customer Focus, Cross-Group Collaboration and Negotiation and Conflict Management.
• A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field, with 8 years+ experience in sales of software, or services in the Public Sector market segment or an equivalent is expected.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.