Cummins is currently seeking an Account Executive to join our team in Dedham MA. As an Account Executive, your primary responsibility is leading an account team and customer relationships through the sales and account support cycle. Additionally, you will be responsible to executes sales, business development plans, and sales strategy to achieve revenue and profitability goals for assigned customers. Key Responsibilities:
• Lead Cummins efforts with key accounts to achieve Cummins' market share objectives and support alliance OEM efforts.
o Create preference for Cummins Total Value Package.
o Perform consulting role for optimum specs and lowest cost of operation.
o Create loyalty through Customer Support Excellence.
o Partner with alliance OEM's to achieve mutual success.
o Forecast account volumes and Cummins/OEM share.
o Develop and support Customer Focused Six Sigma initiatives.
o Implement "cross selling" approach for engines, parts, filters, aftertreatment and service.
• Proactively function as the primary Cummins contact with the alliance OEM field organizations.
o Establish strong relationships.
o Build awareness of Cummins advantages through regular communication.
o Work with internal Cummins' teams to solve customer problems.
• Execute on agreed upon Truck Engine Council (TEC) initiatives.
o Follow Sales Management ROA (Results, Objectives, and Activities) model to achieve market share targets.
• Represent and qualify the needs of Customers, Dealers, and Distributors to Marketing, Engineering and Service Organizations.
o Identify product and customer support needs aimed at comparative advantage.
o Address opportunities and resolve issues reported by OEM to Cummins Account Team.
• Develops, manages, and maintains business relationships with assigned accounts while supporting the organization's sales strategy.
• Supports profitable growth or new business opportunities jointly with key accounts and supports cost initiatives.
• Achieves revenue goals associated with revenue and profit targets.
• Extends and expands sale of products and services to new and existing customers.
• Negotiates and implements contracts with accounts, as authorized.
• Fosters, supports, and executes the development of new methods, processes, and procedures.
• Mentors, motivates, and develops less experienced sales and account team staff.
• Maintains account plans and works with stakeholders in the business to achieve expected results.
• Acts as a champion for the voice of the customer within the business: Responsible for measuring customer loyalty using NPS (net promoter score) methods and championing CFSS (customer focused six sigma) or 'just do it' projects which are the outcome of a NPS loyalty workshop.
• Manages accounts receivable deliverables including payment term negotiation discussions.
• Maintains accurate reporting and forecasting through utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. common sales cycle, Customer Relationship Management Systems).
• Supports and executes Customer Focus Six Sigma initiatives to strengthen relationship with customer.
• Active in cross business unit account development in support of account strategy.
• Leads, manages and coordinates communication and interfaces with the customer at appropriate levels.
• Assures good communication and coordination between account management, field sales, upstream influencers, sales management, inside sales and sales analysts (if applicable) to attain the goals of the sales strategy and culture, management of customers, sales talent management and sales operations.
- Cummins Inc. focuses strongly upon safety in all aspects of our operations. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate a substantial awareness of work place safety and environmental knowledge. Creates, maintains and promotes a safe clean workplace.
Communication Skills - Verbal communication and presentation skills utilizing telephone and web technologies. Possesses listening and written communication skills. Can use these skills to accomplish required job tasks. Little support is required to apply these skills effectively.
Channel Awareness - Ability to identify needs of global channel partners to support customers more effectively. Understands the paths to market for Cummins products and communicates to and influences appropriately those within the channel that impact the customer relationship in order to support needs of customers. Suggests the development of policies, training, communication paths and programs to support channel partners to find alignment and achievement of local and global Cummins marketing strategies and organizational goals
Product Knowledge - Knowledge of products/services and product/service lines. Able to represent the features and benefits to sell the products and services. Able to recognize customer needs and suggest product applications to solve problems and create benefits for the customer.
Sales Negotiation - Able to identify negotiating tactics used by customers and how to manage them. Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools that can be utilized during negotiations. Can recognize the balance of power within a negotiation and has the skills to alter that balance. Drives toward collaborative relationships (i.e. win/win relationships).
Financial Understanding - Ability to understand and act on financial information. Basic understanding of financial statements, terms, and concepts. Ability to analyze data and perform basic calculations such as Gross Margin, NPV, discounting analysis, price elasticity, and breakeven. Able to formulate a business case to support an idea. Familiar with SOx regulations.
Account Planning - Able to identify support needs or service improvement needs of a customer. Can write goal statements that are specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and time based. Able to execute a strategy. Able to identify initiatives that will lead to achieving defined goals. Able to apply measures and track progress toward the goal. Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools that can be utilized during account planning.
Manage Customer Relationships - Develops rapport, builds trust, and creates value in relationships with customers and channel partners. Identifies decision makers and those influential in the decision process and effectively communicates with them. In managing this relationship, displays core values (e.g. empathy, etc.) and is able to adequately interrogate matter to identify root concerns. Basic understanding of techniques and tools to enhance productivity (i.e. schedules, appointments, call plans, etc). Has a basic understanding of attitudes and behaviors to establish relationships and build trust. Understands the need to and responds with the appropriate time frame to customer needs.
Focus on Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation. Anticipates and takes action to meet customer needs. Continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction. Knowledgeable of vital customer information required to make informed business decisions. Able to leverage customer contact to both attain customer specific information and educate the customer to provide a match between Customer needs and Cummins offerings to maximize sales opportunities. Consistently demonstrates ability to establish rapport, meet commitments, and develop effective working relationships with customers. Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, sales, technical or a related subject or equivalent industry experience
Significant level of relevant work experience, including previous customer and/or product experience required.
Purchasing/commercial contract negotiation preferred.
1. Lead Cummins efforts with Key Accounts in the territory to achieve Cummins market share objectives and support alliance OEM efforts
• Understand customer needs
• Create preference for Cummins Total Value Package
• Develop account plans for assigned accounts
• Perform consulting role for optimum specs and lowest cost of operation
• Create loyalty through Customer Support Excellence
• Partner with alliance OEM's to achieve mutual success
• Forecast Account volumes and Cummins/OEM share
• Develop / support Customer Focused Six Sigma initiatives
• Implement "cross selling" approach for engines, parts, filters, aftertreatment and service
2. Proactively function as the primary Cummins contact with the alliance OEM field organizations
• Establish strong relationships
• Build awareness of Cummins advantages through regular communication
• Work with internal Cummins teams to solve customer problems
3. Execute on Agreed upon Truck Engine Council (TEC) initiatives
• Follow Sales Management ROA (Results, Objectives, Activities) model to achieve market share targets
4. Represent and qualify the needs of Customers, Dealers, and Distributors to Columbus Marketing/Engineering/Service Organizations
• Identify product and customer support needs aimed at comparative advantage
• Address opportunities and resolve issues reported by OEM to Cummins Account Teams
The sales territory is Boston and surrounding area.
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.