At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. Job Location
United States : Maryland : Elkridge Alternate Job Location
United States : District of Columbia : Washington
United States : Maryland : Baltimore
United States : Virginia : Alexandria
United States : Virginia : McLean Job Summary:
- Sells and services products directly to group clients or through broker/consultant relationships.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships to foster sales growth.
Supervisory Responsbilities: None.Typical Experience:
- Working independently sells and services products to group customer accounts/territories.
- Maintains and grows the book of business through aggressive product sales, upsells, and renewals, within accounts/territory.
- Drives product sales within assigned accounts/ territory. Positions cross-channel product offerings.
- Strategic Account Planning - builds lasting reciprocal relationships with clients through open communications around mutual objectives.
- Key resource in strategic decision making for MetLife and clients.
- Thought leader in relation to industry and marketplace.
- Mentors/educates colleagues on marketplace trends and insights.
- Acts as primary benefit resource to client.
- Provides post-sale service and interaction with clients.
- Resolves escalated service issues.
- Recognizes, shapes and delivers profitable deals and anticipates strategic developments to benefit the client.
- Develops new business opportunities and sales growth by initiating and maintaining strong relationships.
- May generate reports to track/report activities, progress, and strategies.
- May assist in or lead case implementations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years previous experience successfully selling/servicing related products.
- Appropriate licensing as required.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 12S
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.