Job Location: Atlanta:Georgia
Sells employee benefit products and services to groups primarily through brokers and consultants. Builds and maintains strong relationships with brokers, consultants, and customers to increase revenue and profit. Collaborates with internal partners to service, retain, and grow these relationships. Partners with third party relationships to create value for our customers and our company. Contributes to the overall success of MetLife.
- Sells the industry’s broadest portfolio of employee benefit solutions through brokers and consultants to groups with less than 5,000 employees. Maintains and grows a book of business through new sales, add coverages, and placing renewals within the assigned territory.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with brokers, consultants, and customers. Leverages these relationships to write new business, place renewals, and persist in force business.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to sell new business. Partners with the underwriting and products teams to generate winning proposals. Partners with the implementation and service teams to deliver a positive onboarding experience for our brokers and customers. Partners with internal resources and third party relationships to educate, engage, and enroll employees. Partners with Sales Specialists in the <100 space. Leverages internal resources in proposing and closing new business.
- Negotiates and sells renewals to achieve persistency and margin targets. Develops and executes client stewardship plans for larger customers. Conducts client stewardship meetings. Partners with underwriting to develop renewal pricing and plan design alternatives. Explores opportunities to expand customer relationships by adding new lines of coverage.
- Focuses on and executes on our company’s strategic priorities in order to achieve our vision. This includes developing business plans, executing company initiatives, leveraging our entire portfolio and company resources, and identifying opportunities to contribute to the broader team. Embraces change and seeks opportunities for growth.
- Contributes to the success of the broader team. Supports teammates in the implementation and service. Shares best practices and winning strategies with peers encouraging them to achieve at higher levels. Mentors Sales Trainees and Sales Associates. Provides feedback to leadership regarding marketplace trends and observations. Positions other sales team members across our enterprise for opportunities in their respective business segments. Serves as a role model to others. Focuses on and executes on our company’s strategic priorities in order to achieve our vision. This includes developing business plans, executing company initiatives, leveraging our entire portfolio and company resources, and identifying opportunities to contribute to the broader team. Embraces change and seeks opportunities for growth.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Group Life and Health License and Property & Casualty License within 3 months of hire.
- FINRA 6 and 63 required within 18 months of hire.
- 3-8+ years previous experience selling/servicing related products.
- Proven track record of success
- Collaborative, good communicator, focused, organized, strategic, technical, independent, adaptable, fun
- Trustworthy, driven, and a great teammate
- Desire and ability to lead
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”