Commercial Account Executive
What you will do
The Commercial Sales Executive is responsible for promoting and selling Johnson Controls Integrated Security services and technology within an assigned territory, leveraging relationships, and closing new business for Johnson Controls Integrated Security and ensuring customer retention. This person is the Johnson Controls Integrated Security "brand steward", charged with telling the Johnson Controls Integrated Security story and clearly demonstrating that Johnson Controls Integrated Security is the leading electronic security provider.
The Commercial Account Executive is responsible for securing profitable sales and upgrades to new, existing and discontinued Johnson Controls Integrated Security Commercial customers while maximizing customer satisfaction and retention by initiating post installation follow-ups. This rep will also have a commanding knowledge of our product line, as well as that of our services.
How you will do it
• Adhere to current Johnson Controls Integrated Security policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
• Create new market share by selling Johnson Controls Integrated Security products and services to new local commercial customers.
• Sell additional products and services to existing accounts that continue to present new sales opportunities.
• Sell add-ons, amend, and convert existing customer systems to meet the customers' expectations. As well renew existing customer's agreements.
• Responsible for resale opportunities within an assigned territory Identify prospects utilizing creative lead-generating techniques and maintain productive working relationships with existing customers.
• Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics, and consistently apply time and territory management techniques.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training and reading/research.
• Obtain referrals and work with Centers of Influence.
• Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures.
• Conduct post installation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were met and affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service.
What we look for
• College degree preferred.
• High school degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, demonstrated by the consistent ability to meet and exceed quota.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Tyco Integrated Security organizations
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Business Acumen
• Customer Focus
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Builds Effective Teams
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Organizational Agility
• Conflict Management
• Managing Diversity
• Peer Relationships
• Problem Solving
• Technical Learning
• Time Management
• Developing Direct Reports & Others
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.