Under specific direction, develops long-term customer relationships with assigned accountssuch as contractors, consulting engineers, owners and designers. Seeks for Johnson Controlsto become the preferred supplier of HVAC, Fire & Security and Controls offerings withintheir assigned territory. With assistance, ensures customer retentionof assigned accounts. Partners with other sales representatives and/or agents to maximize profit generation from accounts through influence on specifications (owners, consulting engineers) and market pricing (contractors). Utilizes sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Achieves quarterly quotas and annual sales plans. Obtains and closes sales on a monthly basis. Proven ability to develop and sustain new business partners. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Builds partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of the HVAC, Fire & Security and Controls Systems offering. Maintains frequent face-to-face contact with the customers who mostdirectly influence accountpenetration. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Addresses customer's concerns and performance lapses. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- With assigned contractors, performstake-offs and bids the full spectrum of projects with the fullspectrum of JCI offerings and systems integration. With assigned consulting engineers and designers, drives specifications of the full spectrumof projects towardsthe JCI offering. With assigned owner accounts, drives a preference for Johnson Controlsproducts and offerings.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status by the periodically use of CRM systems. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
- Demonstrates technical knowledgeby writing the specification or matching the proposal to thebuilding specifications to providevalue to the customer and favorably position Johnson Controls.
- Under direction, qualifies and assesses potential customers. Teams with colleagues on individual projects based on account assignments. Honors thecredit split guidelines and refers leads to other businesssegments.
- Develops relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensurecustomer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently addressissues.
- Manages receivables balances in line with JCI objectives and policies.
- Solicits support from and communicates effectivley with internal staff to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops relationships with other BTS Organizations (i.e. Finance, legal, account receivable, supply chain, compliance, etc.) to exceed customers' expectations
- Utilizes applicable sales tools (CRM, Salesforce) effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase penetration of accounts.
- Participates in professional organizations.
- Manage on daily basis the CRM System in order to have accurate sales estimates and pipeline.
- Assist manager in creating long term strategic plans for the territory.
Bachelor's degree in engineering. MBA preferred. A minimum of 8 - 10 years of progressive field sales experience. Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills. Demonstrate ability to influencethe market at key levels. Experience leading sales teams desire. Computer literacy in Windowsand MS Office applications. Abilityto work well with all levels of management. Strong working knowledge of HVAC, HVAC Controls, Fire Alarm Systems and Security. Must be bilingual - English/Spanish. Ability to travel 50% of the time. Must be able to relocate to Dominican Republic in a three-four years period.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.