The Account Executive II will lead a portion of the Coca-Cola Sparkling business at Kroger through strong collaboration with the customer, the Kroger NRS cross functional Team and the Coca-Cola bottling system. Directly manage and responsible for strategy, price package planning, and execution of customer / company objectives for multiple Kroger divisions while working alongside Coca-Cola Regional and field execution teams. Interfaces with the customer as key call point for a Kroger Regional Category Manager (4 - 7 divisions) with a general management approach. Brings strategic value opportunities to the customer that span the capabilities of the bottling system represented within each division (inclusive of Commercial Leadership, Supply Chain, Category Management, PRGM, Field Execution, Shopper Marketing, Finance, etc.). TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Advancing the Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer. Includes the ability to actively listen and engage in conversation with customers to uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
- Annual Business Plan: Ability to prepare and implement annual business plan for customer/territory
- Marketing Program Customization: Ability to customize KO national marketing programs to meet local needs of customer or marketplace in a way that drives adequate returns for customer and KO.
- Customer Knowledge (Business): Knowledge of the customer's business priorities, values and preferences (i.e., business culture, business background, key business objectives and priorities, key business challenges and strengths). Ability to gain customer knowledge by applying Connecting with Customers selling technologies.
- Recognition of Business Plan Misalignment: Ability to recognize when current planned initiatives do not represent the best interest of the customer or company.
- Forecasting: Ability to identify and understand patterns and interconnectivity of relevant data (i.e., customers, consumer trends, marketplace information, economic information, industry trends, future business trends, soft drink and other industry information) in order to predict business performance and market trends for a customer portfolio or a specific geographic territory.
- Receiving Customer Transition: Ability to transition into new responsibilities and relationships when acquiring assigned customers.
- Collaborating for Value Process and Tools Application: Ability to apply KO tools and processes (i.e., Call Plan, Opening Statements, etc.) and demonstrate a deep and personal commitment to create premier customer relationships.
- Customer Relationship Transition: Ability to develop and maintain business to business relationships and transfer personal equity.
- Questioning to Support Marketing Resource Engagement: Ability to ask appropriate questions in order to engage marketing resources to capture the customer/marketplace opportunity.
- Connecting Marketing Programming to Customer/Market Opportunity: Ability to determine relevance of national programs to local customers and markets.
- Resource Management to Realign Business Plan: Ability to redirect or reposition resources (i.e., time, money and people) towards mutually beneficial business solutions.
- Marketing Concept Knowledge: Knowledge of the basic marketing concepts (i.e., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis and competitive strategies to include competitive scope, strategic intent and market share objectives, competitive positioning, strategic posture, segmentation (channels) and competitive strategy).
- Customer Knowledge (Personal): Knowledge of the customer's personal priorities, values and preferences (i.e., personal background, personal wins, hobbies and interests, communication preferences, personal challenges and strengths).
- Application of Brand Knowledge: Ability to integrate Coca-Cola brands with customers' brands using brand knowledge.
- Enduring Customer Relationships: Ability to maintain personal relationships, even as customer buyers change companies in their careers.
- Merchandising Knowledge: Knowledge of merchandising standards by channel, price and package to include current Coca-Cola point of sale materials, various Coca-Cola brand packages and graphics.
Minimum Required: BS/BA (or equivalent)
- 3-5 years progressive customer management and sales leadership experience
- 1-2 years cross-functional experience outside of Sales (e.g., Category Management, Commercial Leadership, Product Supply, Region Sales)
- 1-2 years independent bottler experience
- Proven ability to manage needs and concerns of multiple stakeholders across various business systems.
- Complex selling knowledge with proven ability to create and sell-in customer specific promotional programs & key initiatives.
Specialized Technical Skills
- 5-7 years progressive customer management and sales leadership experience (including people leadership)
- 2-3 years cross-functional experience outside of Sales (e.g., Commercial Leadership, Product Supply, Region Sales)
Minimum Required: Need to be proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Outlook.
Preferred Level: Highly proficient in Excel, Power Point, and preferred experience in Nielsen, Dunnhumby, Market 6 Leadership Behaviors
: DRIVE INNOVATION
: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS
: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler) ACT LIKE AN OWNER
: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders INSPIRE OTHERS
: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS
: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
If relocation costs are not provided for this job, by submitting their profile and resume, candidates understand and acknowledge that The Coca-Cola Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top