Account Executive, Emerging
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Marketing Solutions Emerging Account Executive to join our fast-growing team in identifying potential client opportunities and generating new business. You will be responsible for responding to highly signaled inbound inquiries as well as blanketing your region with outbound activity. You will strategically approach target companies and sell marketing solutions that help them achieve their marketing objectives. Although you strive to meet and exceed quota, you will always act in the best interest of the client, align with LinkedIn's culture and values, and contribute to the lively dynamic of the team. Responsibilities:
- Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline and strong relationships with prospects
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for your book of business leveraging LinkedIn's various tools
- Secure new business by developing and presenting relevant solutions that help clients achieve their marketing objectives
- Leverage your understanding of the digital media space to educate clients on their opportunities
- Close new business consistently at or above quota expectations
- Create reliable forecasts and be completely transparent with management on your pipeline status
- Be proactive about solving problems and be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- Seek out opportunities to be a leader and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- BA/BS degree in marketing or a related field
- 1+ years of experience of media sales experience
- Experience in online or traditional media sales at a top publisher platform or top-ranked Nielsen/NetRatings site
- Experience in marketing or in a role making recommendations to marketers
- Knowledge of how Internet advertising technology works and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Excellent communication and telephone skills
- Possess relationships with top marketing decision makers
- Ability to successfully drive revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships
- Ability to structure and manage complex negotiations to successful closure and delivery
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.