Account Executive, Merchant Sales and Solutions-Americas, is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing sales strategies for US Emerging Acceptance. This position is responsible for selling Visa acceptance, products and service offerings into targeted merchants and processors and negotiating contractual arrangements. The position will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and sustained business relationships.
Potential customers are usually medium to large merchants / processors and are generally complex accounts with minimal acceptance.
This role is responsible for developing account strategies to increase revenues and win new accounts primarily focused in securing new acceptance or expanding acceptance in Emerging Segments. This role is responsible for achieving annual goals.
* Develop and execute customized account plans to increase sales volume and market share in Emerging Categories (Transit, Unattended Retail, Life Insurance)
* Create new sales and revenue generating opportunities as appropriate
* Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa acceptance, products and services
* Utilize a consultative sales approach to craft a plan that ensures that the client's business objectives are met
* Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships with merchants / processors for accepting and deploying Visa products and services
* Continuously review client/merchant landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing the Visa business
* Assist marketing and product development in launching new products or expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts
* Work closely with Product Management, Interchange, Compliance and other functions to understand all aspects of acceptance and products being sold to clients and determine sales messages
* Foster productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
* Develop an understanding of the customer's business including payment strategy across all product platforms
* Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned
* Participate in sales meetings and training activities
* Typically requires a minimum of 8+ years business experience with 5 years sales and relationship management
* Card Payment experience with a clear understanding of the acceptance costs associated with all forms of payment
* Deep knowledge of the card transaction process and experience selling to Merchants and Processors
* Successful track record of selling to senior leaders at Fortune 500 companies
* Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
* Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort
* Superior analytical and strategic planning skills.
* Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to identify key decision makers and create and deliver effective presentations to all audiences up to the executive levels
* Exceptional ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross functional relationships
* Ability to negotiate business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
* A demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision making.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.